Above is a pic of Lt. Colonel James Galbraith, Regimental Colour in hand, alongside Bobbie the regimental dog and some of the other "Last Eleven" survivors of the 66th (Berkshire) Regiment, making their last stand in one of the walled gardens just South of Khig village, a few miles West of the Afghan town of Maiwand.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

More of Maiwand in 1/6th scale...

I just took a water-taxi from the Venice train station, through the canals, to the 15th Century hotel where my family and I are staying -- but the thing I'm really excited about is an email that greeted me via the hotel's wifi system, from the incredibly-talented TONY BARTON, containing a link to pics of the updated versions of his custom-built Maiwand figures.  Here's the LINK -- and here's one tasty sample pic:


That's all for now from the heart of beautiful Venice, where even an entire city of Medieval and Renaissance treasures can't keep a good Maiwander down!

2 comments:

  1. Great link and painting reference. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Silver Whistle, thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete